Assist the project engineer, estimator or project managers in cost estimation for construction work to be bid or priced, and other project coordination and management tasks.
● Visit sites of jobs to be bid as required to ensure all construction and environmental factors are encompassed in the bidding.
● Read specifications and plans such as blueprints to determine material quantities needed (quantity take-offs)
● Estimate material and worker requirements to complete jobs.
● Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and to coordinate activities.
● Coordinate pricing and quote activities with construction project subcontractors, suppliers, owners, engineers and architects.
● Obtain quotes from subcontractors, material suppliers and others for estimates and bids.
● Order or requisition materials, supplies, subcontractors, and vendors for project buy-outs.
● Send bid documents to subcontractors and establish a deadline for their quotations allowing sufficient time for the company to complete bids.
● Record & document information for estimates, bids and operational data on specified forms and reports.
● Assist with estimating, including pre-bid site visits and bidding inquiries as assigned by estimator